Doraemon's Eyes

Friday, December 10, 2010

Things Happening

Well, what can I say? I'm in the midst of all things crooked.

To start with, I'm writing a screenplay for my new film. And it hasn't been a smooth-flowing one like I thought it would be. I got stuck most of the times. I did have the story lines worked out before, but still, I got stucked during writing.

So far I've only completed 29 pages. That's about 29 minutes of screen time in a movie. But anyhow, I'm still going to write this. My deadline will be in January.

The second thing, I'm thinking of opening a production company in Singapore. The thing is, starting a company in Singapore requires the company to be audited annually. Thus this where the money will be wasted - the auditing.

So what happens if I haven't completed my movie during the year? That means, there are actually no activities happening in the company right? But to really think about it, it just sounds absurd; how can you not finish a movie within a year when you have all the time in the world to finish it off?

I'll laugh my ass off. I'll have to finish the movie by August 2011. Because that's when the Sundance Film Festival submission will be opening. In any case, I need investors. If anyone would like to invest, $20,000 to the movie, I'll make you the co-producer for this production.

Thirdly, I'm going to the States tomorrow. It's one of things that I'll always look forward to. But truth be told, I actually hope to find a film a distributor in the US; you know, like 20th Century Fox, or Paramount pictures, and my favourite, Fox Searchlight Pictures. I gotta meet one the executive, and pitch this movie idea to them, and then they can give me the budget to make the film.

But it will be tough. I need to have a production company set-up first, so that they will not pass my script to another production studio. I want to make this film myself.

Alright then, those are the things happening in my life at the moment.

Happy holidays.

William Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment