Doraemon's Eyes

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Feeling Homeless

Today will be the day that I'll remember for the rest of my life. On this day I feel homeless.

I just move out of my house this afternoon, with a bunch big boxes and two gigantic luggage. I placed some of those boxes at my friends' house, so that I can take them back next year when I'm here for the graduation.

After dropping all those boxes, a question appeared from my mind, "Where do I go next?"

My flight to Singapore is not for another 2 days. Thus, what should I do in Perth in the mean while? More importantly, where would I stay in the next 2 days?

Frankly, I don't have an answer to that. Why? Because I'm practically homeless. All I have with me now is a rented car, and a box with my stuffs in it. In a way, I'm mobile, but with no destination.

This reminds me that a home is everything that you would long for, you know, apart from the happiness of the world. It's all that you can think about after a hard day at work, or after a failed date with one of the best hostess in town. You can cover your head with a pillow sheet, and then bang it against the wall to get some answers on why your date went miserably wrong. You'll bleed, but the good thing is, no one knew what you're doing, except God.

All I'm saying is, a home is basically a location where your heart should be placed. There was a quote that I read a few years back that said, "Your Home is Where Your Heart is". I think this is so true.

Your home is the place where you keep a myriad of wonderful or ghastly memories; you know every corner in that house, and that made you feel comfortable and safe. More imperatively, a home is where you can feel to be yourself. There isn't a slight of awkwardness in there.

Well, so much about home. But what about me?

I'm now homeless person, for 2 days.

William Lim

2 comments: