Doraemon's Eyes

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Saying Goodbye

It's rather odd for me to write this post as I've never like to say goodbye to anyone. I really wish that a person is able to meet and see and talk to one another without having to say goodbye - forever. So it's kind of continuous that way.

But I should say though that saying goodbye to a person that you don't like will make you feel relieve; because you won't have to see that person again. :)

Anyway, I'm saying goodbye to a bunch of wonderful people in Perth here; these people are not easy to forget. They were kept so close to my heart at one point that I felt lonely whenever I left their homes, or the church, or after dinner.

If there was anything I learned during my stay in Perth, it would be the essence of "family" that the church has implement to the congregation there. When I first came to the church, I literally didn't feel like a stranger you know. I was definitely awkward to go to a new surrounding that I barely knew. But the weird part was, they made me feel like I'm a part of them. It's not easy to describe this, but you know what I mean.

So I guess we have established the fact that "church" is a family; not an organisation, but a family. And family is home, where everybody knows your name, your background, etc.. So to that end, I really enjoyed being in Perth with those bunch of people that made me part of their family.

Being in Perth had opened my eyes to what I was born to do - filmmaking. It's my dream to be an academy-award winning film director before I hit 30 years old; and I only realised this when I'm in Perth. So the struggle in the university opened up a new level of understanding that spurred me on to pursue my dream.

In any case, here comes the difficult part - saying goodbye. King Solomon once said that there's a time for everything; well in the same way, there was my time for everything. There was my time for laughing, crying, hanging, playing, studying (yeah right) and praying. But now my friends, it's my time to say goodbye; it's my time to leave.

So to that end, I guess I'll see you wonderful people in the autumn, for graduation then.

William Lim

1 comment:

  1. Hi William,

    I would like to invite you to come to GO Singapore service. We are at 26 Horne Rd lvl. 4 (Lavender st.), Sunday Service starts at 10.30 AM.

    Feel free to contact me at 8118 five 133

    -Sugianto-

    ReplyDelete