Doraemon's Eyes

Monday, October 11, 2010

Jealousy

I've got this ridiculous jealousy over the past couple of months. It's about film directors; especially the young and independent film directors.

So whenever I visit channelnewsasia.com (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/) and read under the entertainment field for instance, very often I'll find news headlines such as: "Paranormal Activity to Hit the Big Screen", or "A New Director is Born" or "Tsai Ming Liang Named Asia's Filmmaker of the Year"...

It's because of these headlines that made me jealous. Why? Because I should be the one making headlines. But why am I not in it?

I know this is dumb and unreasonable, but I am practically jealous and, also a little bit hurt whenever a new director is born, and it is not me.

Currently, I'm stuck in this stupid engineering realm and madness. Due to that, I can't make films until I'm done with it.

Sometimes I got frustrated at why am I doing something that I have no passion in. I really hope that all this bachelor degree stuffs can be over soon.

My dream is to win the academy-award for best director before I hit 30. I know there are a lot to be done, and I won't stop until I achieve it. It's just around the corner....

I'm pursuing my dream.

William Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment