Doraemon's Eyes

Sunday, October 31, 2010

An Angel in Disguise

Guess what, I think I've seen an angel in disguise.

I was in the library yesterday afternoon, mulling and lamenting on my thesis as it seemed to be unending. I was still struggling to finish it yesterday, when it's due on Monday.

To be frank, my thesis was almost on the verge of finishing. But I was in no mood in doing it at all. Again, I have to stress that my passion is not in engineering. So literally, I had no interests and not even the slightest concerns on the thesis. All I was thinking was for it to be over.

Suddenly, in the midst of my lamentation, I received a message on Facebook:

"Dude I just saw your post on Charlene’s status “Finally someone post this... I hate those bastards” absolutely hilarious. Now so then I clicked onto your blog and saw your posts about thesis so I thought I might send you a message. I have no idea why you’re worried, like you’re pretty much finished compared to where I was at this stage in the game.

Do you want to know my story? This time last year I started writing my thesis on the day it was due. I mean starting the writing part from scratch, zero words down. Two days later decided I should “ask” my supervisor for an extension. So it was due Monday, asked for an extension on Wednesday and got an extension till Friday. And you know what I tied for the best enviro thesis prize with one of my friends. I mean fuck I just wanted to pass….

If anything, just don’t give up hope dude. The trick is just persevere until you finish your undergrad degree and then go pursue your dreams. Like you know what I have no plans at all of ever doing engineering.
"

After reading the message, I was on fire. There was this strapping determination and motivation within my heart to finish my thesis. And believe it or not, I actually finished it that day.

Hooraayy!! No more thesis!

Anyway, now comes an intriguing question, who is this guy?

According to Facebook, his name was "Phil Jolly". Again, I asked, who was he? I have never made any contacts or whatsoever with him during my 2 years in Australia.

So how can I classify him other than saying that he's in fact an angel in disguise?

The marvellous wonder of God is breathtaking. But I was just reminded again that God works in ways we cannot see. Thus, it make us believe that His works are just breathtaking.

But apart from cleared thesis, I still have a project and a take-home exam to finish. Sometimes I wish I can go out into the wild, and carve my feelings on a ruptured rock, where everybody gets to take a look of it.

Thanks Angel.. or should I say Phil?

William Lim

1 comment:

  1. Wow... I don't know what to say. I'm in awe :)

    ReplyDelete