Doraemon's Eyes

Friday, July 2, 2010

Good Bye TLG...

I think it's time for me to quit TLG, including the ministry that I've started with, TLG Production; but I'm not a quitter, and never will. I just had enough of the ministry and service.

Part of the reason is because I'm sick of being left out as I'm away in Perth for most of the time that I missed everything. It seems stupid, but I'm falling behind on so many glitters of TLG; like events and special events, and more special events.

So I'd rather not get involved with something that I already missed... Because what's the point of attending something that you've missed? It's like attending for an exam that is not meant for you.

Another reason why I'm quitting is because of the people in TLG. Look at how TLG has grown? It's so insipiring to see them grow like that. It was never like that when I was around. And now, I can't even name them, they're completely new people of different personalities and backgrounds.

It's like a new TLG, one where I felt like a perfect stranger standing in the crowds, amidst of all the joyful songs of celebration. And thus, I'm like a new soul, who's the entering the church for the first time alone, when in fact, I've been there for almost 13 years.

I got a feeling that the new generation of TLG leaders tend to forget the pioneers of the service. As a result, these pioneers are often not appreciated of what they had done to TLG - and they quit.

A friend of mine who has been sticking as "Sound-Man" for years, had decided to quit TLG because he felt unappreciated. Now, he's only faithful to the sunday service at BCS, where he felt more appreciated and productive due to little gestures of positive comments from BCS's coordinators.

So I don't know if it's the service of TLG? Or if it's the leadership of TLG? Or if it's the people of TLG, that is making me uncomfortable after almost 13 years of dedication to the service.

I still can't find an answer, but even if I do, I'd rather stick it in my head and keep it as a pleasant, albeit poignant memory to me, where one day I could tell this little story to my grandchildren as a bedtime story...

Or maybe even as a fairytale, because I've got a lot of boy-girl crushes during the 12 years I'm there, including the one who's older than me. haha.

So... Good bye TLG...

(It's weird saying goodbye to a computer screen isn't it? Haha)

William Lim

2 comments:

  1. Too be honest!
    I dun like to be a part of TLG..been attending this place for almost 3 yrs and never ever feel like home!
    Like u said, i'm the other lost soul standing and singing..on top of that, i do feel that the leaders there are actually the same like the one in company ( with very few exceptional).

    So soon, bye TLG for me too!

    Love ur honesty wil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks el... maybe we should try young adults? ato cuman pegi ke service pagi? or change church? hahaha.. a lot of consideration.

    Yg penting kita bertumbuh di dalam Tuhan el, dun care where we are...

    Bless bless. and it's saturday!!

    ReplyDelete