Doraemon's Eyes

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Graceful Intervention

I had an awesome time at H2O Youth Service yesterday; I felt refreshed, and more importantly, I felt God's grace when I was sitting down all alone in a corner... Well... Not really alone actually... (I'll tell you why later)

You see, the problem with sitting alone in a church service is that, you are not going to be taken care of throughout the service. Hardly anyone is noticing you especially when you're fat and ugly.

Anyway, I recalled a time at the end of the sermon when the Pastor said "get 2 or 3 people around you and pray together". And I was like, "oh no... what a bad time to say that".

I was sitting there all alone as I saw everyone standing up, making small circles, and holding hands in a group of 2-3 people. I was probably the only one standing up alone on the congregation area.

Not wanting to look like a fool and since I was the only one not having a partner, I decided to sit down and leaned forward, resting my head on the back of a chair. So this would looked like as if I was praying alone. Clever intervention I'd say.

Suddenly, someone gave a pat on my back. I turned and I saw the Youth Leader of the church standing next to me. He said with a grin, "let's pray"...

I was flabbergasted, and I tried to force a smile out of my lips just to say thank you; but it was hard to force a smile when you're emotionally stunted.

As he prayed, I felt God's grace so immense in my heart. And tears began seeping out from my eye-lids. It was lovely; and it was graceful. I felt different after that. I saw the church in a new different way too - that this church does cares about lonely people sitting all alone in dark corners.

I got to say thank you to God for his Mercy, and of course, my friend, and a humble leader, John Soetandi, for the graceful intervention he did last night. It was well completed with style...

Blessings
William Lim

1 comment:

  1. COOL ! :)
    thank God for your John S for moving in spirit's direction

    ReplyDelete