Doraemon's Eyes

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No Bible, No Doraemon

Every morning, the first thing that I'd always do is to go to the toilet; doing business of course, or in other words, poop-ing. Well.. Nothing wrong with that, except that I always read a Doraemon Comic while pooping.

The thing about my toilet is that, I always placed a Doraemon Comic book on top of the cistern, where the flushing buttons would be. Thus every morning and everytime I want to poop, I'll always read the comic. And I always rotate these comics (in ascending order) if I finish reading them in the toilet.

(FYI: Doraemon comic have 45 books, excluding the adventure series.)

That's why it can take me almost 15-20 minutes in the toilet. haha

However, things started to change after Saturday; more precisely, after the youth service on Saturday. As I recalled vividly, the pastor was speaking to us about the success secret of Pastor Billy Graham. It turned out that his (Billy Graham) secret is so simple - No Bible, No Breakfast.

Along that lines, I started to think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a go. And so I did try it; but in a different way of course. See, I rarely have breakfast. In fact, almost never. So I've got to amend breakfast to something else.

And I thought how hard would it be to sacrifice the 15-20 minutes of my doraemon comic reading time in placed of reading the bible?

Consequently, I came up with a rule that was firmly and decisively tattooed in my mind now - No Bible, No Doraemon.

And wow... It was good. It has been 4 days now, and I always starts my day in the toilet, while reading the bible. haha..

And the words of the Lord are easy to understand during the morning hour, where my mind is still fresh. Words got in to me like a vehicle speeding at 200 km/h in a secluded highway without any obstruction.

How great is this?

William Lim

5 comments:

  1. hi wil.salam kenal. :) good posting. iLike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lolo.. or should i say ci lulu?? hehehe.. I like ur blog too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhaa terserah manggilnya apa..watever suits you!ha3..ow thank u for visitibg my blog!!cuma dah lama belon update2 nihh..busy :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i know.. everybody's so busy nowadays. haha.. anyway.. keep on blogging... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT WILL :)
    You've discovered the freshest meal in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete