Doraemon's Eyes

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Daddy's Prayer


Today's Father's Day in Australia; and I want to be a part of it to celebrate this day. And so I did.

I made a short film that I personally dedicate it to my Dad, it's called "Daddy's Prayer". (If you haven't already watch it, I suggest you should).


The film was first screened at the youth service here in my church in Perth, and everyone there gave a big "Wow" on their mouth.

Today, the film almost made everyone during the morning service to feel emotional; it's a very touching video indeed. Even I, the maker, cried when watching this film alone at home yesterday night.

Well, I think we all get the main message today. Father's Day is to honour and commemorate our fathers.

So to my dad, I'd like to say a personal message here.

"Papi, thanks for bringing me up all these years. You've teached me such a valuable lessons while I was growing up.

You may have some bad habits which I really hate, till now. But get this, I certainly do not hate you. Mami may hate you for what you did to her, but that's ok; because I'll still be taking care of you when you're old. Maybe she'll learn to love you then.

I can't imagine growing up without you, because you were the one who looked after me most. Not Mami, and thus, I'll make sure that I'll look after you when you grow old.

Thank you for all your advices, they maybe boring and dull, but I still want to respect you. I'll take whatever good attitudes you own, make them into my own version. Those bad attitudes that you have, please for God's sake, throw them all away.

I was thinking of buying you a BMW 6 Series for your birthday when I have the money. :D

You probably have to wait for that to happen. Definitely not within 2 years time. Probably more. haha.

Life is good, but God is even better, that's why God gave me you as a father to me. Not just any father, but a true father.

So thank you for everything, even that BMW won't be enough to cover what you've done for me.

Sincerely, Happy Father's Day pi...

I love you...

Blessings"

William Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment