Doraemon's Eyes

Monday, September 20, 2010

Nine Talents

Alright... I've been living in this earth for 23 years now, and still running...

Looking back at all those years, a question popped in my head yesterday night, "How many talents do I have so far?"

Intriguing isn't it?

As complicated as it seems, I started counting them... I looked at myself in the mirror, and asked another question, "Have I been a blessing to others?"

"I did", I replied warily with a smile on my face, "and I'll never stop blessing people with what I have", I continued... speaking to the other part of me in the mirror.

I left it at that.

Next morning, while I was in the library, I started to list down the talents that I have so far; which God has provided me.

Here's the list:

1) I can produce a film
2) I can direct a film
3) I can edit a film
4) I can write stories, scripts, reports, thesis and daily reflections
5) I can play guitar
6) I can play bass
7) I can stand not eating for 24 hours
8) I can drive a car
9) I can change a car tyre in less than 15 minutes

It's only nine... I have nine talents so far. These may not include the hidden talents that I have, which I couldn't think of that day.

Anyhow, I'm amazed...

Those talents are purely and genuinely "me"... They live within me, and I control them. Most importantly, they're given generously by God.

I just hoped that I have used those talents to bless others...

When I said "bless others", it means that I give, or share to others what I have using my talents; and that they will be blessed by it.

So, my life is not over, and I can still produce more talents... For His glory of course. :)

William Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment