Doraemon's Eyes

Monday, August 16, 2010

The 23rd Years

Oh my heavenly days! What a morning to begin with.

When I woke up on the 15th of Aug, there were 10 sms-es from families and friends written on my phone.

These weren't the usual sms that I usually read; rather these sms contained birthday wishes and stories about me. I was deeply touched and genuinely blissful because of these messages.

However, it didn't stop there. Throughout the day, I constantly received emails without knowing it. I don't have time to check them because of a fellowship meeting that I've had to attend.

When it was around 5pm, I borrowed my friend's "iPad" to check my email; there were 35 emails from facebook. I was strucked in my heart when I saw that.

And then came the birthday cake. It was chocolate and it was lovely. A birthday tune that was brilliantly, yet chaoticly sung, strucked my heart again. It's not because of the songs or the cake. But because of their honesty and sincerity to my 23rd years living on earth. I thought it was celebrated in style.

The first cake... I gave it to my favourite person in that house. I can't say names now. But I hoped that would made that person happy.

When I got home, I was greeted by housemate with a pleasant tune; "happy birthday William". It's so weird though, why can't she do this all the time when I get home? hehe.

Finally, I got to my computers, and checked the emails. I've got 86 messages in total..

"Wow", I thought to myself. This was so out of the ordinary. My friends remembered my birthday. Their comments on facebook were so adorable. I almost cried when I read them. I even had a couple of people I barely knew wishing me happy birthday.

This was epic, and oh, so impressive.

Looking back on my life. I think the road to the 23rd years were blatantly a conundrum. Everyday was a challenge and a journey to win that prize that God has prepared for me.

Therefore, I'm just so grateful that God has given me chances over and over again all these years. I do hope that my wish can come true in the near future though. I only wish for one wish. Only one... So I really hope that it would come true.

Anyway.. I want to thank all those who had wished me and celebrated my 23rd years of living on earth. You're all so lovely... Thank you my Lord... You can have me..

Let's move forward now.

William Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment