Doraemon's Eyes

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Crushed Heart

Recently, me and my close friend wrote a song about an event that's going to happen here in Perth in October 2010. And then we submitted it to the committees that were in charge of the event to get their feedbacks.

Sure enough, their response were overwhelming. Our song were critically acclaimed by them.

Anyway, since it was so awesome, we decided to upload a video of us singing it to facebook (with permission of course). We sang the song like two blind men trying to search for the stick that has fallen on the ground. In other words, we acted horribly insane that night.

Still, everything went well. I uploaded on Tuesday night; and then the following morning I got an early sms from one of the committee members of the event. I almost went numb when I saw the sms.

"Committee: Will, since this is a professional event, I think the your video is inappropriate for public viewing. Is it worth the effort to remove it?"

"Another Committee: Will, can u do something about your video? Because this event represents the church, so we have to be more careful next time. ok?"


Oh my, upon hearing that, my heart crushed; because I thought it was a great and superb and epicly done clips, and I was expecting some praises from them. However, the committees thought otherwise. I almost got "frightened" yesterday. Even more frightened than watching "Shutter".

Wow... what a day.

Consequently, I decided to remove the video from facebook.

Lesson learned: Don't act stupid and insane when making a video about an event.

William Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment