Doraemon's Eyes

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Film Festivals

Six hours ago, I was in the library wanting to do my work when two words caught my attention in wikipedia. Those words were, "Film Festivals".

You know, my number one dream is to be an award winning filmmaker; and I can't think of better ways to get recognised other than submitting my film to film festivals around the world.

I'm not aiming for something like Venice film festival, or Cannes film festival, or Berlin film festivals yet. These are the "A" lists of film festivals that I will one day conquer.

But I'm talking about film festivals around our region. Like the Singapore Film Festivals, Bangkok Film Festivals, or even Pusan International Film Festivals.

In anycase, the Singapore Film Festivals will be a great festivals to start with. It acts like a platform for an unknown filmmaker like myself to get my film in front of a real live audience and have my film reviewed by professional critics.

So if my film can get accepted into a festival, or any festivals, I think me and my production team, including the casts of the film, would get valuable press attention and exposure to potential agents, buyers and distributors. And not to mention the prize money if we did win.

Yay!

Therefore, to start things off, Jenita and I were discussing a film that we would co-wrote, she'll act and I'll direct it. The Singapore Film Festival is what we're aiming for.

Pray for this to happen please.. I don't want to work as an engineer.. It's not my passion.. I wanna be an academy award winning filmmaker.

Amen!

William Lim

2 comments: