Doraemon's Eyes

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Dream

Recently, Ci Bombie updated her blog on this magnificent topic called "dreamz" ... (http://lissabombie.blogspot.com/2010/06/dreamz.html) ... And somewhere in the middle of her post, she said to never drop the dream if we have one.

Well, I actually have two dreams. Not small, but big dreams. I'm not even sure if these can be achieved. But I will not drop them. I'll pursue one of these dreams.

The first dream is to start a business. I want this business to grow and then be listed in the Singapore Stock Exchange if it got bigger. But the thing is, the business that I want to start is a restaurant business.

It may not look convincing for a restaurant to enter the stock market isn't it? But when I looked at Mcdonalds, Subway, PF Changs, Jollibee, starbucks, and even breadtalk, I was confident and sure that it can be done. Nothing is impossible. I may have to change the restaurant format to a fast-food restaurant style instead if it's needed. But again, impossible is nothing.

The second dream is to be an academy award winning film maker. Oh yeah... This is no joke. It's been my dream ever since I was a teenager. But this dream faded away for a while when I entered the polytechnic in 2005; my parents wanted me to be pursue education instead. haha.

Suddenly in 2008, I was stunned by a film called "Slumdog Millionaire" that won 8 academy awards including the coveted best picture award. I was so amazed and confused, because the film was low budget, no major artists appeared on it, and yet, the film was met with universal acclaims from critics and audiences before it won 8 awards. How did they do it?

Apparently, when Danny Boyle (Director of Slumdog Millionaire) was asked, "how did you do it?" by a TV presenter, he answered in a word, "Persistent". And then he smiled, before he left. Upon hearing that, I was determined, but don't know where to start. Anyhow, I've got the magic key, persistent.

So after watching the academy award that year (2008), I was speechless. And this dream came back on to me again. However, I'm not sure if this dream can be done because of the complex nature of reality. Let's face it, I'm not an american or a british to start with. (haha)

Anyway.... (sighhh).... Those are my dreams; and I won't drop them.

Alrighty then...

Gotta get back to studying.

Blessings
William Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment