Doraemon's Eyes

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Notting Hill

I've just watched Notting Hill. And I thought it was unique movie. The plot was simple and I think that made the movie stands out from the crowd.

The movie centred around the most-famous actress in hollywood Anna Scott (Julia Roberts) who met a local guy, William Thacker (Hugh Grant), in the town of Notting Hill. William Thacker owns a bookshop; and one day, in one a million chances, Anna Scott, visits his shop and buy a book on Turkish holiday.

Anyway, along the line of the movie, Anna Scott, the world famous actress said this breath-taking sentence that blew my mind away:

"Don't forget, I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."

The fact that she said this made me realise that no matter how successful our lives are, we still must remember that we're just boys and girls who longs to be loved.

All in all, the movie was bright and smart; it had clever and witty dialogue to apprehend Roberts and Grant's characters.

Ahh... What a film.. I'd rate this 3.5/5 stars.

Blessings
William Lim

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... So the movie is just a 'not bad'?
    I can't wait to watch Nightmare on Elm Street..
    Watching Shrek next Sundayyy.. Yay!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nightmare on elm street is not good u know. The review is aweful, so i didn't watch it. And I'm watching shrek too.. :D

    ReplyDelete