Doraemon's Eyes

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What if I Date a Caucasian?

This thought entered my mind when I was lying down on my bed last night. "What if I date a caucasian?" I thought to myself. Will I get a kiss on a first date? Or if everything goes smoothly, will I be getting a "bing-bang-boom"?? If you know what I'm talking about. (haha)

Because from what I've seen on films and rom-com movies, they seemed to suggest that everything start with a kiss - on the lips. Not a peck on the cheek. And then they moved on to the living room, or the bed or even the car to complete the transaction. (haha)

Anyway, I always thought this kind of movies are always giving us false hopes that are really implausible to us, the south-east-asian cultured citizen. I mean, can we give and receive a kiss just to tell the world that we're now in a relationship?

Sometimes I don't even know why the kiss happen. For example, from the movie Notting Hill, Julia Roberts gave a passionate kiss to Hugh Grant five - ten minutes after they first met. I mean, how is that possible? You just met this whole new person, and then bam... the kiss... This is something that is not going to happen in our asian cultures.

Or is it?

I may be on a limb here, but I thought that the asian cultures of dating has been rather secular lately. However, for my friends and foes who are members of the church, they seem to think that a first kiss should be reserved for the wedding day.

I don't know if this is some sort of spiritual activities that they are following or not; because I've seen american christian friends who kissed when they're dating. And it looked good. Real pleasure and romance and beginning.

So what if I date a caucasian?

Hmm... Apparently, not many caucasian females want me; this is because of my terrible weight attitude that may trampled them to flat if I landed on them. hahaha

William Lim

2 comments:

  1. no no.. they've generic body size like us. Some parts of their body is big though... haha..

    ReplyDelete