Doraemon's Eyes

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Helping Jesus" Shooting - Day 1

Today I had an awesome time directing a movie that will be the first movie for the church in Perth, and also my second time directing a movie for a church production. One being the "Unclosed Door" and now this.

I had the previllege of writing this film too. The story was based on the following verse:

Matthew 25: 35-36

"For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me."

The verse then went on to state this fact:

Matthew 25: 42-43

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and clothed me, I was sicked and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

Thus "Helping Jesus" was written with the aim of convincing the audience that Helping Jesus is like Helping Others.

The film centres around this easy-going guy who prays to God that he wants to see Jesus physically. Obviously, the Lord answers his prayer, however, he didn't realise that. Thus Jesus uses his friends to make him see that Jesus can be seen through his friends.

At first, he ignores his friends when they need help from him. He later realises his mistakes and decides to help them one by one. Once he helped his friends, he finally sees that helping is friends is like Helping Jesus.

I can't give too much spoiler. haha. But I'm really excited. This will be a great movie. So stay tune for the teaser trailer somewhere in the last week of June.

Blessing
William Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment