Doraemon's Eyes

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Working Vs Serving (Very Interesting!)

The Praise and Worship Core Night....... (sighhhhh)...... what a boring event. Honestly speaking, I could just dozed off and went on a magical journey to Finland by a majestic boat called "Superstar Virgo". Oh my God, It was really dull; although the sermon was good. :)

However, there's one thing that captured my fullest attention; and that was during the closing moment when Pastor (Ps) Daniel Ong took the stage for closing prayer. Now, if you know Ps Daniel Ong, he won't end an event without correcting it; and I'm glad he did the correction.

Let me just sum up his "short-preaching" to the points below; it's about working vs serving.

"If you do it for your own selves and glory, that’s working
If you do it for God and His glory, that’s
serving

If you do it as long as you have free time, that’s
working
If you do it within your hectic activities, that’s
serving

If you stop because no one’s is thanking you, that’s working
If you continue to work even though no one’s thanking you, that’s serving

If you feel that you’ve sacrifice a lot and therefore feel that you should receive something in return, that’s working
If you feel that you've sacrifice a lot and still feel that you haven’t done enough and will do it even better than before, that’s serving"

How good was that? It's simple, straight to the point and captures our attention as miniters in church. There's no need to waste time by telling us about house-keeping rules on Praise and Worship team. I mean, seriously, for what? This should've been done via email.

And honestly speaking again, I want to quit The Last Generation (TLG) youth group in Singapore due to some mismatches and my freakish egoism. But Thank God! After I listened to Ps Ong's "short-sermon", I have a lot of thinking to do in my head.

Oh father, your time is always the best.

Blessings

William Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment